The combination of cool peppermint and creamy chocolate makes peppermint bark an irresistible holiday treat. Making a batch of your own is quick, incredibly simple, yet never fails to impress. Pressed into a Sweet Creations Christmas Silicone Chocolate Mold, basic bark becomes even more festive. Such a simple way to wow with personalized pieces of holiday-imprinted goodies.
The recipe calls for semi-sweet chocolate, but milk chocolate or dark chocolate can be used depending on personal preference. Top with crushed candy canes, or unleash your favorite holiday cravings! Top this bark with Christmas sprinkles, red and green candies, even crushed cookies & cream! Chop up chocolate mints and toss them on top, or press pretzels or potato chips into your bark. There’s really no rules here. If you think it tastes great with chocolate, it’ll go great in this Christmas bark recipe.
Try These Twists!
Everyone loves our Sweet Creations Christmas Silicone Chocolate Mold! We’ve found it used in recipes all over the web, and wanted to share a few of our favorites with you. Looking for additional ways to make creative chocolate bark for the holidays? Check out these great recipes:
We love the way blogger Tonya Staab gift wrapped her Peppermint Bark! Ready to share with teachers, friends and neighbors, her simple step-by-step tutorial is a great way to gift. Check out her clever wrapping ideas here.
You’ll find a fun twist over at Adventures of Mel…literally! She added a sweet swirl to our recipe, then topped it off with chopped mint chocolates. A great way to go from ‘peppermint’ to ‘mint chocolate’ bark with one easy swap. Discover all the details here.
Turn your holiday bark into a brittle-inspired hybrid by tossing oodles of crushed toffee on top. That’s what Amy over at As the Bunny Hops did, and we think the results are divine! See how she did it here.
What Will You Make?Print
This is a classic favorite during the holidays. Peppermint barks are simple to create and make great edible gifts for friends and co-workers. Or make your own tasty creation, whether that’s white chocolate, milk chocolate, or my personal favorite, dark chocolate.
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- Makes one 8 1/2 x 12 inch pan
- 1 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup White chocolate morsels
- 30 Hard peppermint candies or small candy canes (crushed)
1. Use the Good Cook Sweet Creations Brittle Bark mold. 2. Place chocolate morsels in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high at 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals, until chocolate has melted and is smooth. Pour into mold 3. Place white chocolate morsels in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high at 15 second intervals, stirring between intervals, until chocolate has melted and is smooth. Pour over chocolate in mold. 4. Using the handle-end of a spoon, swirl chocolates together for a lightly marbled effect. 5. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint and refrigerate until set. 6. To remove peel back mold and break along marked lines.
- Serving Size: 6